Well today we will share How to clear Intermediate Module in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Intermediate Module Exam Outline:
- Theory Exam (Two Papers which are computer based with 100 MCQs in each Paper)
- TOACS Exam (13 Stations with 13 cases. These are basically interactive stations with 13 examiners who will ask questions regarding 13 cases. These cases can be X-rays and Picture based scenario questions.)
- Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery by Tucker
- Textbook of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery by Neelima Anil Malik
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery peter ward booth
- Peterson’s Principles of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Neville
- Tables from Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Review
- You will need to do only Coffeedent IMM Course because it will cover all MCQs and Past Papers as well, so need for any other MCQs Book.
Start your prep with past papers (Coffeedent MCQs contains all Past Papers in chapterwise distribution) along with text books. Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery by Tucker and Textbook of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery by Neelima Anil Malik are two most important books for text. You can cover Oral Pathology from Neelima too (it contains important topics).
For anesthesia you can use Malamed but many MCQs can be covered by Coffeedent.
Do your prep with consistency. Every case at your hospital should be on your finger tips (it can cover much of your exam course). Do not skip trauma of Frontal Bone, NOE and Orbit at all. Reconstruction topic is way too important as well as multidisciplinary cases.
Hopefully this article covers information regarding exam prep of IMM in Oral and Maillofacial Surgery. Share with your friends who are preparing for IMM.